We are looking for a Senior Research Accountant to join our team in Konnekt-able Technologies Ltd. in Waterford, Ireland.
The role of the Research Accountant is to manage the financial and administrative aspects of grants projects (funded under the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe frameworks), working in partnership with Project Managers responsible for the scientific and technical delivery of the projects. The post-holder will provide administrative support and financial reporting for these projects beginning from the negotiation of grant-related agreements, launch of projects from an administrative standpoint, interim and final claims reporting, and support for client-driven audits as may be required from time to time.
The Research Accountant will also collaborate with Financial Accounting resources to ensure timely production of management and statutory financial reporting.
– 3-5+ years of experience with H2020 project administration from a financial/accounting perspective.
– Fluent in English (both verbally and in written form).
– Excellent knowledge of spreadsheets and financial software.
– Strong communication (both oral and written in formal and informal situations).
– Presentation and organisational skills.
– Responsibility, flexibility.
– Ability to work both in a team setting and independently; self-motivated.
– Ability to work in multinational environment.
– Willingness to travel (10% or less is expected for this role).
– Knowledge of European R&D&I landscape is an advantage (H2020, Structural Funds etc.).
In project administration and financial management:
– Overall responsibility for the financial management of the projects in close cooperation with the project managers and the CEO.
– Maintaining the timesheet reporting system (policy, procedures, oversight) for the project managers and research team. Assist in the collation of information for audits and assisting with audit queries.
– Keep information confidential and secure ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements.
– Stay up to date with applicable financial policies, regulations and legislation in collaboration with the legal department of the company.
– Maintaining databases to aid with the completion of reports for the grant. Developing the design of that database where necessary to improve the information that can be retrieved
– Assisting in development of project reports with a focus on the financial aspects, in compliance with the reporting requirements of the Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe frameworks.
– Preparation and processing of financial reports in accordance with EC requirements.
– Internal analysis of grant financial performance including contributions to overhead, etc., as requested by management.
– Support Financial Accounting with data required for budgeting, cash flow planning, and operational and management reporting.
– Checking all travel expenses claimed by project managers and staff to ensure claims are eligible and that expenses are coded correctly.
– Assisting with travel arrangements for the project managers and research teams.
– Monitoring of suitable European and National R&D&I funding schemes.
– Collection of information from partners, processing written inputs and background documents
– Annual gross salary amount: 40.000 € – 50.000 € based upon experience.
– Opportunity of self-realization and personal development in a small, rapidly growing company with international focus.
– Cooperation on excellent European collaborative R&D&I projects with participation of leading European R&D&I organisations as well as SMEs and large industries.
– Further training and professional development.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume at [email protected]
Currently all the interviews are conducted remotely.
We are always interested to meet potential team members to join our fast-growing, dynamic team of professionals.
Input your search keywords and press Enter.