The role of the Accountant is to manage the financial and administrative aspects of commercial projects and EU funded grants, working in partnership with project Managers responsible for the scientific and technical delivery of the projects. The post-holder will provide administrative support and financial reporting for these projects beginning from the negotiation of grant-related agreements, launch of projects from an administrative standpoint, interim and final claims reporting, and support for client-driven audits as may be required from time to time.
In project administration and financial management:
– Support Financial Accounting with data required for budgeting, cash flow planning, and operational and management reporting.
– Overall responsibility for the financial management of the projects (EU and Commercial) in close cooperation with the Accounting department, the project managers the CFO and the CEO;
– Maintaining the timesheet reporting system (policy, procedures, oversight) for the project managers and research team. Assist in the collation of information for audits and assisting with audit queries.
– Keep information confidential and secure ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements.
– Stay up to date with applicable financial policies, regulations and legislation in collaboration with the legal department of the company.
– Maintaining databases to aid with the completion of reports for the grant. Developing the design of that database where necessary to improve the information that can be retrieved
– Preparation and processing of financial and project reports in accordance with EC requirements.
– Internal analysis of grant financial performance including contributions to overhead, etc., as requested by management.
– Checking all travel expenses claimed by project managers and staff to ensure claims are eligible and that expenses are coded and reimbursed accordingly.
– Assisting with travel arrangements for the project managers and research teams.
– 1 – 3 years of experience with EU project administration from a financial/accounting perspective
– Fluent in English (both verbally and in written form),
– Excellent knowledge of spreadsheets and financial software
– Strong communication (both oral and written in formal and informal situations)
– Presentation and organisational skills
– Responsibility, flexibility
– Ability to work both in a team setting and independently; self-motivated
– Ability to work in multinational environment
– Willingness to travel (10% or less is expected for this role)
– Knowledge of European R&D&I landscape is an advantage (Horizon Europe, Structural Funds etc.)
– Permanent position
– Hybrid work options
– Annual gross salary amount: 30.000 € – 35.000 € based upon experience
– Opportunity of self-realisation and personal development in a small, rapidly growing company with international focus
– Cooperation on excellent European collaborative R&D&I projects with participation of leading European R&D&I organisations as well as SMEs and large industries
– Further training and professional development
To apply for this position please send your CV and short motivation letter to: [email protected]
Konnektable will assess candidate suitability using the following criteria:
– Initial shortlisting based on evaluation of CV.
– Skype Interview.
– In-Person Interview.
We are always interested to meet potential team members to join our fast-growing, dynamic team of professionals.
Input your search keywords and press Enter.